Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q What causes thyroid cysts?
- Q Do colloid thyroid nodules affect children differently than adults?
- Q What are the symptoms of thyroid cysts?
- Q Why is iodine important for the thyroid gland?
- Q What increases my risk for thyroid cysts?
- Q How are colloid thyroid nodules diagnosed?