Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q Why is iodine important for the thyroid gland?
- Q Why is my thyroid gland important for my brain health?
- Q How can I check the health of my own thyroid?
- Q What are calcifications of the thyroid gland?
- Q How do thyroid cysts affect the body?
- Q How does the body regulate thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)?