Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q How do other illnesses affect thyroid cysts?
- Q How do I manage my thyroid cysts on a daily basis?
- Q What increases my risk for thyroid cysts?
- Q Why are thyroid conditions often undiagnosed?
- Q How common are colloid thyroid nodules?
- Q Do colloid thyroid nodules affect children differently than adults?