Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q What tests evaluate thyroid function?
- Q Why is my thyroid gland important for my brain health?
- Q How common are colloid thyroid nodules?
- Q Why can benign tumors still be dangerous?
- Q What effects does thyroid hormone have?
- Q How often should I get my thyroid levels checked?