Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q Why is iodine important for the thyroid gland?
- Q What effects does thyroid hormone have?
- Q Why are thyroid function tests not always reliable?
- Q How do other illnesses affect colloid thyroid nodules?
- Q What are colloid thyroid nodules?
- Q What increases my risk for thyroid cysts?