Hypothyroidism can cause dry hair. With this condition, your thyroid produces too little of the hormones your body needs. Besides dry hair, the condition also causes fatigue, depression, memory loss, weight gain, and other symptoms. Treatment involves taking hormones to make up for the ones not being produced by your body.
- Q What is the thyroid gland?
- Q What increases my risk for colloid thyroid nodules?
- Q How can I tell if my thyroid gland is working properly?
- Q How do I keep my thyroid healthy?
- Q How can I check the health of my own thyroid?
- Q How do other illnesses affect colloid thyroid nodules?