What do I need to know about caring for someone with thyroid disorders?

Be sure someone with a thyroid disorder is taking any medications as recommended by his or her doctor. Monitor symptoms to see if the dosage of medication needs to be altered, as sometimes the amount of thyroid hormone the body produces changes over time. Also be sure the person is getting enough iodine in his or her diet.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Disorders

Must-Know Facts About Your Thyroid
Must-Know Facts About Your Thyroid
The small butterfly-shaped endocrine gland at the bottom of your throat, otherwise known as the thyroid, is responsible for more of your body’s functi...
Can I still have thyroid disease even though my thyroid tests are normal?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
It is possible to have thyroid problems despite having normal thyroid function tests. If blood test ...
When should I get tested for thyroid dysfunction?
The thyroid gland is an important organ that secretes a hormone (thyroid hormone), which controls th...
What Foods Should I Eat If I Have an Underactive Thyroid?