What throat disorders occur most commonly in children?

Children are at higher risk than adults for throat infections. Strep throat is particularly common. It is mostly young children who get croup, a coughing and breathing problem often associated with infection. Children are also at higher risk of infection because it is contagious and children are often in communal settings like schools that expose them to infection.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

What throat disorders can antibiotics treat?
Antibiotics kill bacteria. The only throat disorders they treat are bacterial infections. Penicillin...
What is the treatment for Zenker's diverticulum?
Arlen D. Meyers, MDArlen D. Meyers, MD
Zenker's Diverticulum is an out pouching of the feeding tube (esophagus) usually where it meets the ...
What is swallowing re-training and when is it used?
Shari GreenShari Green
Dr. Lee has already addressed one aspect of swallow retraining. However, I would love to elaborate m...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?