How is the cause of hoarseness found?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

When visiting a doctor, you will likely be asked a variety of questions, like whether or not you smoke or have allergies. A person with hoarseness is usually examined by an ear, nose, and throat doctor. Tests like a laryngoscopy or a throat culture may be performed in order to point to a specific cause.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
How can I reduce my risk for throat disorders?
Throat disorders have many different causes, and nothing can reduce risk for all of them. Tobacco is...
How does my environment affect throat disorders?
The air you are breathing can have a significant impact on your and your children's throat disorders...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?