There are no special prohibitions against drinking alcohol while you're taking doxycycline. Ask your pharmacist if it's okay for you to drink alcohol while using this medication. As a general rule, men should limit themselves to no more than two alcoholic beverages per day. Women should have no more than one alcoholic beverage daily. Consuming more than those limits may increase your risk for various health problems.
- Q What side effects does Doxycycline (Monodox) cause?
- Q What side effects does tetracycline cause?
- Q Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
- Q Is Doxycycline a form of penicillin?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of doxycycline?
- Q How should I take doxycycline?