There are no special prohibitions against drinking alcohol while you're taking doxycycline. Ask your pharmacist if it's okay for you to drink alcohol while using this medication. As a general rule, men should limit themselves to no more than two alcoholic beverages per day. Women should have no more than one alcoholic beverage daily. Consuming more than those limits may increase your risk for various health problems.
- Q Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
- Q What side effects does Doxycycline (Monodox) cause?
- Q What is tetracycline?
- Q Can I use doxycycline if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q What should I know about tetracycline before taking it?
- Q What side effects does tetracycline cause?