There are no special prohibitions against drinking alcohol while you're taking doxycycline. Ask your pharmacist if it's okay for you to drink alcohol while using this medication. As a general rule, men should limit themselves to no more than two alcoholic beverages per day. Women should have no more than one alcoholic beverage daily. Consuming more than those limits may increase your risk for various health problems.
- Q How should I take doxycycline?
- Q What are the side effects of tetracycline?
- Q Can I use doxycycline if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Q Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
- Q Can I drink milk when taking my tetracycline?
- Q Is it okay to let my girlfriend take some of my tetracycline?