What is chairside bleaching?

Chairside bleaching refers to bleaching procedures that are not available over the counter. These bleaching techniques require appointments with your dentist. Usually, during these appointments, your dentist will use stronger concentrations of peroxide to whiten your teeth.
Chair side bleaching is the type of teeth whitening your dentist performs at the dental office. With chair side bleaching, your dentist will determine the best product to use for your teeth. The treatment will not work on crowns, veneers, or bonding.

Chair side bleaching may last up to one hour. You'll need to come back several times for your dentist to complete the whitening. Usually with chair side bleaching, your dentist will use a whitening gel on your teeth, along with a special laser light to make the gel work effectively.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter (OTC) teeth-whit...
Is tray-and-gel teeth whitening effective?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
While tray-and-gels can be very effective on my tougher-stained patients as a 3-4-day in-office ...
What are OTC tooth whiteners?
OTC, or over-the-counter, tooth whiteners are whitening options that do not require the assistan...
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?