How long does a tooth whitening procedure take?

The length of time it takes to whiten your teeth will vary with the amount of discoloration of your teeth. For treatments performed by your dentist, it generally takes 30-90 minutes per visit to make your teeth brighter. It may require as little as one visit and up to ten visits over a period of time. Over-the-counter products may require you to wear a mouthpiece anywhere from 30 minutes a day to  overnight for up to a month.

Continue Learning about Teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Teeth Whitening Tips and Secrets
Do you want a dazzling, movie-star smile but you're not sure how to go about getting it? Are you curious to know how over-the-counter (OTC) teeth-whit...
What are intrinsic tooth stains?
Intrinsic staining is staining of the dentin, or the inner layer of teeth. It is usually caused ...
When should I use portable teeth whitening products?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Let's say your teeth are in fairly decent shape and don't require serious whitening, or even a p...
Are There Natural Ways to Whiten My Teeth?