As a teen, how should I do a breast self-exam?

It a great idea for teens to start doing breast self-exam (BSE). By starting at a young age you can soon learn what your normal breast feels like.

Knowing the normal is the key to early detection. Young women should do BSE 5-10 days after their menstrual period. This is the time in the cycle in which the breast are least tender and lumpy. It is important that every women a clear mental image of what her normal breasts feels like. Once a women has a clear image of what is normal, it becomes easy to detect a change. Any change in the normal should be reported to a physician or other health care provider.

For more information on how to do self-examination with confidence --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hUROxC5Kw

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Understanding Anatomy

How do my muscles work?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Muscles work by moving in harmony with one another. When one muscle gets a message to tighten, its o...
How do vaccines work in teens?
Vaccines contain weakened, dead, or partial viruses or bacteria that stimulate your body to develop ...
As a teen, why is my period late?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Late periods may be due to pregnancy. In this video, Dr. Oz and Dr. Rome discuss what else a lat...
As a Teen, Is It Normal to Have Vaginal Discharge?