What can exercise do to boost my mood while I'm at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
Exercise can help boost your mood because it:
  • gives you more energy
  • Improves your self-image
  • Increases resistance to fatigue
  • Helps counter stress, anxiety, and depression
  • Helps you to relax and feel less tense
  • Improves your ability to fall asleep quickly and sleep well
  • Provides an easy way to socialize with friends or family and an opportunity to meet new friends
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Stress and Depression

As a teen, how do I stop cutting myself?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Cutting yourself, or physically hurting yourself in other ways, gets the endorphins going in your br...
How can I help a teen friend who talks about suicide?
Maureen Q. Russell, MPH, RNMaureen Q. Russell, MPH, RN
Trust in yourself that you can help, and your willingness to do so is the most important thing you c...
As a Teen, How Do I Stop Cutting Myself?
Why Do Some Teens Cut Themselves?
Why Do Some Teens Cut Themselves?