How can my self-image influence how I view others’ actions?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

If you feel inadequate and insecure, you will likely interpret things that people say as supporting your sense of inadequacy. If you are greedy, hostile, or have other feelings that you have suppressed and/or are unconscious of, you will probably think that people are treating you with hostility and greed.

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Your self image is all you know. Your self image is a blueprint of who you perceive youself to be. For most of us this blueprint has followed us through childhood and is ingrained in us. We see people through the eyes of that blueprint. This blueprint forms our perceptions and how we interpret peoples actions.

The problem is even though perception is reality your interpretation of reality is not always reality for the other person. It's important to check-in with the other person about your perception. Some may call it a reality check.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Self-Esteem Building

What is self talk?
Self talk is all the good and bad things we say to ourselves.
What is self efficacy and why is it important?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
"I can do it." This statement sounds so simple, yet it can be quite powerful if you really believe i...
How does social pressure affect the self image of teen girls?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
If you think about it, the girls around you are all under the same pressures you are to keep up ...
How do I become aware of how I talk to myself?
You become aware of negative self talk by being very conscious of what you say and think. One wa...