How can I deal with food temptations at college?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
When you do cheat on a diet, make it worthwhile. Choose your indulgences carefully. A small slice of that exquisite cake at your best friend's birthday party is probably worth it; yesterday's leftover bagels -- with extra butter to make up for the staleness -- is not. While living on a college campus, with the Dorm Room Diet nothing's off limits and everything is in bounds. This freedom should make the lure of eating an unhealthy item less appealing. But, if you do choose to eat it, eat slowly and savor every bite -- don't gobble it down expecting to have another one immediately afterward. If you find that even after slowly enjoying the first treat you can't resist having another, do your age countdown. If that doesn't work, simply remove yourself from the temptation; even moving to another part of the table (far from an offending plate of cookies) may be enough to keep you from making a decision you'll regret.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Nutrition and Healthy Eating

As a teen, how can I avoid gaining weight when I go to college?
Starting college calls for a whole new set of "routines."  From getting up for class, food choices...
As a teen, what should I do if I have gluten intolerance?
If you are gluten intolerant, you need to know how to manage the nutritional limitations that may ...
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
As a Teen, Should I Drink Energy Drinks?