How can a teen stay warm while skiing?

Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
Emergency Room Nursing

The key to staying warm while performing any activity in the outdoors is to dress properly. This means staying away from cotton clothing and using clothing that will wick moisture away from the body and remain dry. Dressing in layers allows you to add or remove clothing as the temperatures change.

A good base layer (long underwear) that wicks moisture away from your skin is a must. The next layer or layers should also move the moisture away and provide some insulation. The outermost layer should protect against the wind and cold.

For example, a down jacket as the outer layer without some type of wind protection would be good for activities that had limited motion. But, when skiing, you are moving, so the outer layer should provide some level of protection against the wind. 

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

What are some good exercises to do at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Most colleges now have clean, well-equipped sports facilities right on campus, which are open to...
How can I find time to exercise at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
I know how tough it is to get your schedule planned so that you have time to exercise, shower, a...
What Is a Good Quick Warm-Up I Can Do In a Dorm Room or Bedroom?
How Can I Tone and Tighten My Triceps In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?