How should I do butt stretching exercises as a teen?

Daphne Oz
Health Education
To do a butt stretch: Sit down and bring your feet as close to your butt as possible, slightly less than shoulder-width apart. Put your hands, palms down and fingers facing forward, a couple of inches behind you and push your bottom a few inches up off the floor. Cross your right leg over your left knee so that your right ankle rests just above your left kneecap. Lower your butt toward the floor to increase the stretch. Lightly press your lower back up toward the calf of the leg that is crossed. Think elongating your spine instead of compacting it down. Switch sides. Breathing and relaxing are key.
The Dorm Room Diet: The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works

The 10-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really WorksThe Dorm Room DietRevised and Updated EditionFiguring out how to eat right and stay healthy on your own can be hard! Here is...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Exercise and Physical Fitness

As a teen, how can a baseball pitcher keep his or her throwing arm healthy?
Carlos Mirabal, NASM Elite TrainerCarlos Mirabal, NASM Elite Trainer
To keep your arm healthy please make sure you always perform warm up exercises before you throw any ...
I sit in a chair studying a lot. What is a good stretch for my lower back?
Joel Harper - Elite TrainerJoel Harper - Elite Trainer
If your lower back is tight, it most likely means your hips are tight, so the more we open up your h...
How Can I Strengthen My Lower Back In My Dorm Room?
How Should I End a Workout In My Dorm Room or Bedroom?