What are the treatment options for hypogeusia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Hypogeusia is often temporary and may resolve itself. If your hypogeusia is the result of an infection, allergy, or minor medical problem, correcting that problem usually helps to fully restore taste. Even if the problem is more serious, treating the underlying cause of hypogeusia can help to restore your sense of taste.

Continue Learning about Taste & The Nervous System

How can I regain my sense of taste?
dotFITdotFIT
That would, most likely, depend upon how you lost your sense of taste in the first place. The sense ...
Is it normal to have an enlarged taste bud on my tongue?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about taste buds.  
What is Umami?
How we taste is important because taste, not smell, gives you the nutritional information of foo...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hypogeusia?
Those with hypogeusia may find eating less enjoyable because of their reduced ability to taste flavo...