What are the treatment options for hypogeusia?

Hypogeusia is often temporary and may resolve itself. If your hypogeusia is the result of an infection, allergy, or minor medical problem, correcting that problem usually helps to fully restore taste. Even if the problem is more serious, treating the underlying cause of hypogeusia can help to restore your sense of taste.

Continue Learning about Taste & The Nervous System

How is sensitivity to taste measured?
Taste sensitivity depends on the number of taste receptors on taste buds and the number of taste bud...
Is it normal to have an enlarged taste bud on my tongue?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about taste buds.  
Can hypogeusia have any complications?
Hypogeusia is usually the symptom of an underlying condition. However, it can lead to complications ...
How does my sense of taste change as I age?
When you age, you're usually less sensitive to taste and also to textures like oiliness. A decrease ...