As a teen, what kind of doctor does breast and pelvic exams?

Patricia Geraghty, NP
Women's Health
You may obtain a breast exam and pelvic exam from any of several health care providers. If you regularly see a pediatrician or family practice physician or nurse practitioner, you may receive these types of examinations from them. Specialists in this area of health care, women’s reproductive health, are physicians called gynecologists, nurse practitioners specializing in women’s health, and nurse midwives. These specialists have additional training and clinical experience in taking care of women.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

How do I properly clean my vagina as a teen?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
Good vaginal hygiene is important for avoiding fungal and bacterial infections. In this video, D...
How can I use aromatherapy oils to improve my wellbeing at college?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Aromatherapy is the use of volatile plant oils, including essential oils (those oils that give p...
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?