How can eating snacks help me lose weight as a teen?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Eating snacks can be an effective way to lose weight.  They will help you to control your portion size at meals. In addition, eating this way allows you to spread your calorie consumption evenly throughout the day which will keep your metabolism revved up.

The trick is to make sure that the snacks are healthy.  Avoid empty calories from sodas and coffee drinks. Stay away from the junk food and choose fruits and veggies.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

How can I treat sprains and bruises with essential oils if I'm a teen?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
You can use aromatherapy essential oils in compresses for muscle sprains or bruises. Simply soak...
What can my teen do about her body odor besides frequent bathing?
Body odor that persists after regular bathing can be related to stomach bacteria. In this video,...
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?