How can eating snacks help me lose weight as a teen?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD

Eating snacks can be an effective way to lose weight.  They will help you to control your portion size at meals. In addition, eating this way allows you to spread your calorie consumption evenly throughout the day which will keep your metabolism revved up.

The trick is to make sure that the snacks are healthy.  Avoid empty calories from sodas and coffee drinks. Stay away from the junk food and choose fruits and veggies.

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: Taking Care of Your Body

As a teen, how should I clean a cut?
Put nothing in a cut that you would not put in your eyes. If you do, you will kill millions of y...
What should I do to make sure my bones stay strong as a teen?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
It is important that you get plenty of calcium and vitamin D to keep your bones strong.  Exercise th...
How Should I Prepare My Teen for Her First Period?
As a Teen, When Should I First Go to the Gynecologist?