Q

Sun Care

What should I do to keep my skin safe at the beach?

• Skin health is very important, especially while at the beach. In order to protect your skin while at the beach, you should apply sunscreen with an SPF greater than 30 and be sure to reapply every 2-3 hours and more often if you are in the water frequently. Finding spots in the shade or using shade structures will help to decrease sun damage.
    1 person found this helpful.
  • A , Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered

Besides seeking shade when possible and covering up, you should always wear sunscreen when your skin is exposed to the sun. Re-apply after going in the water or sweating, since water and sweat can wash away sunscreen products.

This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What are ways, other than sunscreen, to protect my skin from the sun?