What should I do to keep my skin safe at the beach?

Skin health is very important, especially while at the beach. In order to protect your skin while at the beach, you should apply sunscreen with an SPF greater than 30 and be sure to reapply every 2-3 hours and more often if you are in the water frequently. Finding spots in the shade or using shade structures will help to decrease sun damage.

Besides seeking shade when possible and covering up, you should always wear sunscreen when your skin is exposed to the sun. Re-apply after going in the water or sweating, since water and sweat can wash away sunscreen products.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Sun Care

Sun Care

Proper sun care is essential because of wrinkles and dangers like melanoma. Experts estimate that more than 90 percent of skin cancers stem from overexposure to tanning beds and the suns ultraviolet radiation. Wear protective clot...

hing and sunscreen outdoors, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the suns rays are strongest. Choose a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 15 or higher. Apply about 15 to 30 minutes before going outside, then reapply every two hours.