How much sunscreen should you be using on your face?

You should use broad-spectrum, waterproof sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. It should be the kind that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. You should apply enough to cover all exposed skin on your face, including your ears and scalp, if they're not covered. Be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours, and after swimming or sweating. 

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Can Music Therapy Help Ease Parkinson's Symptoms?
When Michael J. Fox rocked out on Johnny B. Goode with Cold Play during a concert at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium in July 2016 it was wonderful to hea...
What are the benefits of sun exposure?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The sun’s UV rays help the body to produce vitamin D, which is essential for health. The key is mode...
How much exposure to the sun is good for me?
Like safe sex, getting safe sun can do your body good. Getting 10 to 20 minutes of sun exposure ever...
When should I wear sunglasses?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Sunglasses not only protect your eyes, but they also keep the sun away from the delicate skin around...