How much sunscreen should you be using on your face?

You should use broad-spectrum, waterproof sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. It should be the kind that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. You should apply enough to cover all exposed skin on your face, including your ears and scalp, if they're not covered. Be sure to reapply sunscreen every two hours, and after swimming or sweating. 

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Tom Brady may be the winningest QB in NFL history (207 wins over 19 years) but that doesn’t make him infallible. In his 2017 audaciously-titled book, ...
How often do I need to reapply sunscreen while playing sports?
Reapply sunscreen about every two hours--more often if you're sweating a lot, swimming or toweling o...
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii6 All-Natural Ways to Protect Your Skin in Hawaii
From sunburns to melasma, here's how to beat the heat.
How Often Should I Reapply Sunscreen If I Am Outdoors All Day?