Are tanning beds safe for children?

New Yorkers under the age of 17 won't be able to get their summer glow from a tanning bed. In this Treadmill Talk, Dr. Michael Roizen explains why keeping kids away from tanning beds is important and how you can get a safe tan.

Continue Learning about Sun Care

Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Ways to Keep Your Skin Safe
Tom Brady may be the winningest QB in NFL history (207 wins over 19 years) but that doesn’t make him infallible. In his 2017 audaciously-titled book, ...
What are ways, other than sunscreen, to protect my skin from the sun?
Clothing is your first line of defense. Covering your skin is one of the best ways you can protect y...
How can I find out about the sun safety policy at my child's school?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Sometimes school and daycare policies interfere with children’s sun safety. Many schools treat sunsc...
Why is it important to apply recommended amounts of sunscreen?
Numerous studies show that sunscreen users apply just one-fifth to a one-half the quantity of sunscr...