Can I talk someone out of attempting suicide?

In general people want to live, and by using a caring approach to finding out what has brought the person to this situation and by learning how to approach a person who is considering suicide, the event may be averted in some cases. In persons with mental illness it is useful to speak about the amazing research that is now happening that will provide better medications and treatment to help their symptoms and promote recovery.

Continue Learning about Suicide & Suicidal Behavior

News: Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61
News: Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61
Anthony Bourdain, chef, author and host of CNN's Parts Unknown, has died by apparent suicide. The network reports the 61-year-old was found Friday mor...
The Subtle Warning Signs of Suicide in Kids That Everyone Should Know
There’s a troubling new health trend among kids, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). After years of relative...
What are suicide triggers?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Suicide "triggers" refer to factors about a person's condition and/or in their environment that may ...
What are warning signs that my loved one may be about to attempt suicide?
The following are indicators that a relative or friend may be about to attempt suicide. The person m...