What do chocolate and marijuana have in common?

Both contain fatty acids called cannabinoids that induce a feeling of relaxation and intoxication when they strike certain receptors in the brain.

Continue Learning about Substance Abuse and Addiction

Can substance use disorders (SUDs) be cured?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Treatment for substance use disorders (SUDs) generally isn’t a cure. However, addiction is treatable...
More Answers
What can states do to help prescription painkiller abuse?
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family MedicineUniv. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
States are critical to reversing the prescription drug overdose epidemic. The following policies sho...
More Answers
Can social networking websites raise my child's risk of substance abuse?
George JosephGeorge Joseph
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University conducted a fascinat...
More Answers
How does smoking marijuana affect my health?
Following are some of the ways smoking marijuana can affect your health: delayed onset of puberty...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.