Should I use kettlebells (free weights) or machine weights to get toned?

Use both! You shouldn’t limit yourself to using one type of equipment to reach your fitness goals. Neither is better than the other. Kettlebells are great for working larger muscle groups, while machine weights are great for focusing in on specific muscles.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

Strength Training Without Injury
Strength Training Without Injury
Since Arnold Schwarzenegger flaunted his bulging biceps and quads in the 1977 docudrama "Pumping Iron," the rule of thigh (if not thumb) has been that...
Is Weight Lifting a Natural Appetite Suppressant?
Sure, strength training and aerobic exercise can help you work off those extra calories. But does being active and lifting weights increase hunger? We...
What is a mid-back exercise that I can do at home?
A fantastic mid-back exercise that you can do at home with no equipment but your own body is the flo...
Should I be lifting in the gym?
Yes. Runners should include a multi-joint strength training program in their weekly routine. Two...