Can I understand anyone as myself?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Human nature is handed out one person at a time, yet we all share it. Ego tries to ignore the second half of the following statement: "We are contained in each other. Therefore, I can understand anyone as myself."

Ego rushes into any situation with the assumption that "I" have the most important ideas, feelings, and perceptions. Spirit sees all thoughts as shared, all feelings as shared, and all perceptions as shared. This is a tremendous gift. Your capacity to see the world from beyond your own boundaries is precious -- the true self will help you to gain a wider perspective if you are open to it. Give yourself permission to expand. Be aware of how others view a situation. When perception is fully aware, love and compassion enter spontaneously.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
How do I protect myself from evil?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Evil gains momentum—but not truly authentic power—from negative deeds, thoughts, and emotions genera...
How do I avoid chasing an impossible goal?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
A true seeker does not chase the impossible goals. If you can avoid the pitfalls of spiritual materi...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?