How do I get in touch with my true nature?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

The irony is that if you live long enough, everything that you think makes you special, from your looks and your brains to your power and possessions, is stripped from you. You're left with what you came in with, and either you realize its infinite value or end up bitter over the loss of your fictitious identity.

But you don't have to wait until the end of your worldly life to start recognizing your true nature. There are many techniques for ego transcendence, like meditation, fasting, religious ritual, prayer, and certain types of yoga, which can help you separate from your ego-driven personality and bring you closer to identification with your true self. Regardless of the path you choose, you need to start with an honest evaluation of your current state. Only once you've made an accurate assessment of where you are can you determine what you need to do to effect change.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

Who is God?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
I have a habit of referring to God as "he." I was raised to see the divine as masculine and I admit ...
Why should I persevere in life?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Perseverance is one of the greatest attributes one can possess or acquire. Perseverance means to con...
What is the Fourth Instinct?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Biologists, psychologists and social scientists have long tried to define us exclusively through onl...
What is breath?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
At this moment my soul is with me. It is as close as my breath. This affirmation is about the nea...