How do I get in touch with my true nature?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

The irony is that if you live long enough, everything that you think makes you special, from your looks and your brains to your power and possessions, is stripped from you. You're left with what you came in with, and either you realize its infinite value or end up bitter over the loss of your fictitious identity.

But you don't have to wait until the end of your worldly life to start recognizing your true nature. There are many techniques for ego transcendence, like meditation, fasting, religious ritual, prayer, and certain types of yoga, which can help you separate from your ego-driven personality and bring you closer to identification with your true self. Regardless of the path you choose, you need to start with an honest evaluation of your current state. Only once you've made an accurate assessment of where you are can you determine what you need to do to effect change.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
What is the impact of community on spirituality?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Finding a spiritual community is important for some in order to feel spiritually connected to others...
Why is spirituality chosen?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Religious beliefs may be chosen but spirituality is inherent in everyone and everything naturally. I...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?