Why is appreciation the highest point of view?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
People have tried to approach God through many forms of worship, trying to imagine how God's mind works so that they can be holy in their own lives. We are told that God created the world and then took time to see that His work was good. He was appreciative.

Appreciation may not often be used to describe a spiritual state, yet appreciation is in many ways the highest state. When you appreciate you don't put yourself first. You have nothing of ego at stake. Appreciation brings loving awareness to Creation. In seeing how beautiful something is, you are gazing at the divine. The deeper your appreciation, the more you are seeing with the eyes of the soul.

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

How can contemplating death help us live more fully?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
Socrates taught that we should “practice death” daily, to help us realize what’s really important. B...
Why does God permit evil to exist?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
The answer, I feel, must be divine patience. God is waiting for us to grow into our goodness. God wa...
Are hell and heaven real?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Swedenborg says that these are not places but states. Heaven is made up of people who share a common...
What is the first stage of suffering? What are some remedies?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
In the first aftermath of a tragedy, victims experience numbness and shock. I was traveling during t...