How quickly do spinal cord tumors grow?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Quite often, primary spinal cord tumors grow very slowly and can even take years to cause symptoms. Secondary tumors that have spread from other parts of the body can grow very quickly and cause symptoms. Cancerous spinal cord tumors tend to be more aggressive, while noncancerous tumors grow more slowly.

Continue Learning about Spinal Cord Tumors

What are spinal tumors?
Luke Macyszyn, MDLuke Macyszyn, MD
Spinal tumors can originate from another part of the body (metastasis), may form from the lining of ...
Is there a cure for spinal cord tumors?
The outcome of spinal cord tumor treatment depends on the type of tumor and how early the tumor is c...
Are spinal cord tumors different in children and adults?
Spinal cord tumors are different in children than in adults, primarily in how they should be treated...
Should I talk to my doctor if I think I have a spinal cord tumor?
General back pain does not usually mean you have a spinal cord tumor, but you may want to see your d...