How does having friends affect my health?

While spending happy times with friends and loved ones is a pleasure and may feel like an indulgence, it's actually a RealAge (physiologic age) must. Although for years scientists discredited the effect of social factors on biological health, study after study has confirmed the importance of social connections. Studies have shown repeatedly that the effect of interpersonal relationships on stress responses is not only psychological but also physiologic. These ties can actually affect the number of immune cells you have, which can in turn affect your resistance to disease and cancer. Social connections make your immune system younger and reduce stress.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...
Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Nothing has greater impact on our well-being than love and relationships. The University of Michigan published a landmark paper that demonstrated people without strong social support were two to four times more likely to die than those with substantial social networks.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Friendship

How do friends help keep busy moms healthy?
For a busy mom, the best way to stay connected is to find a buddy at work or with another parent...
What healthy choices can I make when together with my friends?
Make healthy choices when you get together with your friends. Find fun ways to get physical activity...
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties10 Best Cities for Strong Social Ties
Find out which cities have residents with the strongest social networks.
How Lisa Got Peggy to Break Her Diet
How Lisa Got Peggy to Break Her Diet