How can taking an antidepressant to quit smoking affect my emotions?

Frank T. Leone, MD
Pulmonary Disease

When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are taking them, you should not expect to feel any different than you normally would when not medicated. These medications are used simply to prevent cravings after you stop smoking.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How can a smoking cessation team help me quit smoking?
SCAISCAI
If you smoke and want help quitting, your healthcare provider may refer you to a smoking cessation t...
Do I have to throw away all my cigarettes if I'm going to quit smoking?
Quitting smoking involves getting rid of the temptation to light up. Throwing away all of your c...
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster