Can I get help by telephone or over the Internet to quit smoking?

If you want help with quitting smoking but are not easily able to get to an office for in-person or group counseling, telephone or online counseling may fit your needs. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter whether you seek counseling in person, or via telephone or computer-based programs; all seem to be more helpful than trying to quit smoking on your own. Repeated visits, calls, or chats with a trained counselor (usually a nurse or a therapist) increase long-term smoking cessation rates.
Telephone counseling that provides calls to the smoker initiated by the counselor according to a pre-arranged schedule is the most effective type of telephone counseling. Any smoker in the United States can call 1-800-QUITNOW for free proactive telephone counseling. 
Online counseling is another way you can seek quitting help within the privacy and comfort of your own home. The American Lung Association offers a free smoking cessation program.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?