How can I fight jet lag?

The best way to treat jet lag is to take steps to avoid it (other than staying home!). Before travel, try moving your sleep time forward or backward toward the time you'll be sleeping where you're going. Move it earlier if you're traveling east and later if traveling west. During your flight, try to sleep if it's a long flight. You may want to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of sleeping medications for the flight with your family physician. Once at your destination, if you're not going to be outside much, consider "light therapy" with powerful lights to mimic sun exposure.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

How Lung Cancer Can Impact Sleep and What to do About It
Sleep is essential to good health, and adequate amounts of sleep are important to cognitive function, cardiovascular health, energy levels, cellular r...
Should I Let My Doctor Know I Am Taking Melatonin?
How Can a Food Curfew Help Me Get a Good Night's Sleep?
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?
How Can Melatonin Help Me Sleep Better?