What is the danger of taking sleeping pills for a long period of time?

Dr. Michael Breus explains the danger of taking sleeping pills for a long period of time. Watch Dr. Breus's video for tips on healthy sleep.

Carol Ash, DO
Pulmonary Disease

Taking sleeping pills for longer than directed can have some bothersome side effects, says sleep medicine expert Dr. Carol Ash. Watch this video to learn how long it's safe to keep taking sleeping pills.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Early to Bed, Longer to Live
Early to Bed, Longer to Live
Get to bed a little earlier and you could extend your life. That's what a study suggests. In the meta-analysis, where researchers pooled together the...
How common are sleep disorders among police officers?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
A survey of nearly 5,000 police officers in the United States and Canada revealed that these law...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
What Can I Do to Avoid Waking Up at Night After Falling Asleep?