How does alcohol affect my sleeping aid?

Alcohol can cause complications when it is taken with a sleeping aid. It may increase the drowsiness that already accompanies your dosage. Additionally, drinking alcohol before bed can cause you to wake up at early hours.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: What Causes Jet Lag—Plus 7 Ways to Avoid It
You probably love racking up frequent flyer miles but dread the jet lag that comes with traveling between time zones. According to the American Sleep ...
5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work
5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work5 Natural Sleep Aids That Really Work
These natural sleep aids can help you find peaceful slumber. How many nights do you stare at the ceiling hoping to fall asleep – or wake up at 3 a.m. ...
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest. Are you a chronic sleep skimper? Short sleep can throw off your two appetite-regulating hormones (ghrel...
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?