How does my lifestyle affect my sleep?

There are several different aspects of your lifestyle that impact your sleep for better or for worse. It's your job to adjust your lifestyle as much as you can to work within these suggestions and find what works best for you.

Grab a notebook. Write down everything that might be disrupting your sleep. Here are some ideas to consider:
  • Eating or drinking close to bedtime
  • Stress
  • Watching TV or using the computer too close to bedtime
  • Jet lag or an inconsistent bedtime
  • Heat or cold
  • Noise or light
  • Movement or crowding
  • Drinking alcohol or big meals
  • Medications
  • Lack or regular exercise
  • Lack of sunlight

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Tell Me Why…I Dream
Tell Me Why…I Dream
You’re in class and the teacher announces a surprise test. You haven’t studied, done homework or even been to class for weeks—and you may or may not b...
Can getting enough sleep make me more attractive?
Today, sleep medicine is a highly regarded field of study that continues to provide insights into th...
How can I fit a nap into my day?
Ann Scritsmier , NASM Elite TrainerAnn Scritsmier , NASM Elite Trainer
That's a tough question to answer without more information - such as what you do for a living, etc.....
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?
Can My Diet Affect My Sleep?