How can lack of sleep affect menopausal women?

Lack of sleep during and after menopause can be disruptive to a woman’s overall physical health and also to her general sense of well-being and quality of life. One recent survey indicated that 76% of women who experienced insomnia related to menopause reported a moderate to significant impact on their quality of life. More than a third -- 34% -- said their intimate lives were affected.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
Why can some people function well on little sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
People who actually only need fewer than six hours of sleep a night are called ‘super sleepers’ ...
How can I support my neck while sleeping?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
It is essential to properly support your neck at night. The key to relieving neck strain is to m...
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?
Is Skimping on Sleep Okay?