Will putting water on my face help moisturize my skin?

No, adding water alone to skin will not help to moisturize it. Water should be applied to the skin with humectants, in order for it to be absorbed.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Skin Moisturizing

Skin Moisturizing

Moisturizers can treat try skin and conditions like eczema, offer some sun protection and improve the appearance of skin all over your body. A basic moisturizer helps hold water in the skin's outer layers. Emollients fill in tiny ...

crevices between surfaces to keep skin smooth, while humectants draw water to the outermost layer of your skin for a dewy glow. Depending on your skin type, you may not need to moisturize your face or other areas as often as others. Your moisturizing routine could change based on the time of year and your environment. Find out more about moisturizers and how to apply them with expert advice from Sharecare.