Why does skin that's oily need moisturizer?

Moisture is about water, not oil. Your skin needs water in order for it to function properly and stay healthy. Even skin that is oily (due to excess sebum) still needs to maintain its natural hydration. Use a noncomedogenic, oil-free moisturizer, which is formulated so as not to clog pores. It's especially important to moisturize after you wash, since cleansing can contribute to moisture loss.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Should I switch my skin moisturizers for the seasons?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
You should change any winter skin regimen that may not work as well during spring. The heavy moi...
How should I moisturize my hands to keep the skin healthy?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
Because the hands are regularly exposed to the sun, use a moisturizer with SPF, and apply libera...
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?