Which lotions are best for dry skin?

Inexpensive, fragrance-free lotion containing lanolin is often the most effective kind for treatment of mildly dry skin.  Watch the animation to learn more about dry skin.

To treat dry skin, look for a moisturizer that contains lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil or petrolatum, as these ingredients have been proven to help skin hold moisture in. Apply moisturizer immediately after a shower or bath to seal in moisture. If you have chronic dry skin, talk to your doctor about the best way to treat it, which may include using a prescription product.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

Does petroleum jelly attract or repel moisture?
Petroleum jelly is an oil-based topical ointment that repels or traps in moisture.
Will putting water on my face help moisturize my skin?
No, adding water alone to skin will not help to moisturize it. Water should be applied to the skin w...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin