Should I use moisturizer if I have oily skin?

Howard L. Brooks, MD
Dermatology
If you have oily skin, you should absolutely use a moisturizer -- it's a myth that oily skin doesn't need hydration. In this video, dermatologist Howard Brooks, MD, explains the best cleansing routine and products to use if you have oily skin.
Audrey Kunin, MD
Dermatology
If your skin is oily, it probably doesn't need a moisturizer; at least not one used all over every single day. Remember, sebum (the medical term for skin oils) is a moisturizer. Combine that along with hydration provided by sunscreen and any anti-aging creams/lotions and skin is good to go. Of course, this may vary by season or if you have extremely dry zones. The best rule of thumb is pay attention to what your skin is telling you and act accordingly.

Continue Learning about Skin Moisturizing

What's an inexpensive moisturizer?
Safflower oil is high in moisturizing linoleic acid. When you get out of the shower today, have some...
What kind of moisturizer best promotes skin health?
The type of moisturizer that's best for you and your skin depends on your skin type, skin conditions...
How Are Moisturizers for Dry Skin Unique?
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin
4 Ways to Soften Winter Skin