Why is it important to remove my makeup before I go to sleep?

Keeping makeup on stretches your pores, which makes the face appear older and allows for more areas to gather bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz demonstrates what makeup can do to your face and why you’ll want to wash your face each night.
You need to remove all your makeup before you go to sleep, so that your skin can breathe and repair itself. In this video, dermatologist Rosemarie Ingleton, MD, explains how acne can result if you don't remove your makeup before bed.

Continue Learning about Skin & Makeup/Cosmetics Use

7 Makeup Mistakes You Are Probably Making and How To Fix Them
It’s likely you’ve had the same skin and makeup routine for years, but you may want to think about updating your regimen. Why? Some of those habits ma...
What lipstick shades draw attention to my teeth?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
The deeper, the darker or the brighter the lipstick shade you wear is going to make your teeth m...
What should I be aware of when trying mineral makeup?
Mineral makeup is a big trend. Made from minerals such as mica, which are used for industrial pu...
Are Oxygen Skin Care Products As Effective As Oxygen Facials?