Why is it important to remove my makeup before I go to sleep?

You need to remove all your makeup before you go to sleep, so that your skin can breathe and repair itself. In this video, dermatologist Rosemarie Ingleton, MD, explains how acne can result if you don't remove your makeup before bed.
Keeping makeup on stretches your pores, which makes the face appear older and allows for more areas to gather bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz demonstrates what makeup can do to your face and why you’ll want to wash your face each night.

Continue Learning about Skin & Makeup/Cosmetics Use

Face the Facts: Risks of Using Cosmetics
Beauty before health—it’s an all-too-common human impulse seen throughout history. The ancient Egyptians used dyes laced with lead, arsenic and other ...
What type of lip gloss should I use?
Steer clear of any products that list petroleum jelly or mineral oil on the ingredient list. Choose ...
What kind of makeup is best to wear while exercising?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Many women would rather die than go to the gym without wearing makeup to keep their blemishes and da...
Are Oxygen Skin Care Products As Effective As Oxygen Facials?