Many cleansers are indiscriminate in the oil and dirt they wash away, stripping your skin of essential moisture as they cleanse, leaving you with dry, taut skin. However, gentle, emollient-rich synthetic cleansers minimize water loss and drying. Also, there are technologically advanced cleansers that wash away debris from the skin's surface, including dirt and oil, while depositing moisturizing and softening ingredients on the skin. Look for cleansers with humectants, such as glycerol, that help to hold onto water within the skin, and fatty acids, like stearic acid, to help replenish lipids that are lost.
- Q How do I treat dry skin?
- Q What does dry skin look like?
- Q How can fabric softener relieve dry skin?
- Q Do black women tend to have dry skin more than women of other races?
- Q What’s the best way to treat mildly dry skin?
- Q What ingredients should I look for if I have dry skin?