What things should I avoid if I have dry, itchy skin?

If your skin is itchy and dry, one of the most important things to avoid is soap, says dermatologist Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton. To find out what she recommends instead, watch this video.

One major thing to avoid if you have dry and itchy skin is harsh soap products, which can lead to further dryness and irritation. Hot water will also dry out the skin, so take shorter showers using warm water.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
Can a beer bath help treat skin problems?
Hops are known for being the key ingredient in beer, and Germans have discovered their powerful medi...
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
What’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and GrowthsWhat’s On My Skin? 8 Common Bumps, Lumps and Growths
From acne to hives, get the lowdown on your peskiest skin issues. 
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?