What things should I avoid if I have dry, itchy skin?

One major thing to avoid if you have dry and itchy skin is harsh soap products, which can lead to further dryness and irritation. Hot water will also dry out the skin, so take shorter showers using warm water.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

What Causes Hives?
What Causes Hives?
Hives are red, itchy, slightly raised or swollen welts that appear on the surface of the skin. They are also known as wheals, and by their clinical na...
Treatment Options for Difficult-to-Treat Chronic Hives
Urticaria is the clinical term for hives—red, raised, itchy welts that form on the surface of the skin. Hives are classified as either acute or chroni...
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
What Causes Age Spots?
What Causes Age Spots?