What is a blister?

A blister is a fluid-filled sac in the outer layer of skin. It can be caused by rubbing, heat, or diseases of the skin. Also called skin vesicle.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute

A blister is a patch of raised skin that contains watery liquid. Blisters may form when your skin rubs against something repeatedly. For instance, if your shoes are tight, stiff, or too small, the skin on your feet can develop blisters as it rubs against the inner part of the shoes when you walk. Don't pop a skin blister. Instead, cover it with a bandage and let the skin heal naturally.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
How can I treat stretch marks myself?
Daniel KappDaniel Kapp
Stretch marks can be treated by topical products such as a retinoid or alpha hydroxy acids.  However...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Is Rosacea Related to Digestive Health?