Should I talk to my doctor about my dyspepsia symptoms?

Although dyspepsia in and of itself can seem a common and relatively harmless, if annoying, condition, it should not be ignored. This is especially true of symptoms lasting longer than two weeks. Seek a doctor's attention immediately if you experience signs of severe intestinal distress such as extended periods of loss of appetite, difficulty swallowing, bloody stools, or nausea and vomiting. Other warning signs that should have you heading to a doctor are weight loss or jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes. Your initial consultation will most likely be with your family practitioner or a gastroenterologist, a doctor who specializes in digestive issues.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Risks and Causes
Hereditary angioedima (HAE) is a rare condition that causes attacks of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Darria Long-Gillespie, Senior Vice Presiden...
How can I avoid getting Darier-White Disease if it runs in my family?
Darier-White disease (also known as Darier disease) is caused by a faulty gene. If Darier-White ...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?