Why should both men and women protect their lips with sunblock?

It's not as if lips are high-maintenance items, like skin, hair, or overbearing cousins. You should protect them with sunblock. If they get damaged by the sun, they'll crinkle and wrinkle and are liable to develop lip cancers. Both men and women should also use only lip gloss with titanium oxide or zinc oxide sun block). Everyone should make sure their dentists are inspecting their lips for funny marks or nodules as a check against cancer.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Pediatric Atopic Dermatitis: Establishing Routines
Atopic dermatitis, often referred to as eczema, is a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It is most common in young children, thoug...
Should I worry about my health if I have stretch marks?
Nearly 70 percent of women have stretch marks, and usually they're a result of pregnancy or chan...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?