How does phimosis affect my quality of life?

Phimosis shouldn't have a serious medical impact on your quality of life. It isn't necessarily painful unless the foreskin is infected or irritated. However, phimosis can make certain activities more difficult. Most notable is urination, which is hindered by the foreskin enveloping the tip of the penis. This can cause swelling of the foreskin during urination and can lead to painful urinary tract infections. Phimosis can also hinder sexual activity, from intercourse to masturbation.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Your Healthcare Team
Learn why treating cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) may require a team of physicians across a variety of specialities.  
How do we get crow's feet in the first place?
Age is a factor in developing crow's feet. As we grow older, we produce less collagen and elastin, w...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Can Exfoliating My Skin Keep It Healthy?