How should I moisturize my skin if I have lichen planus?

Lichen planus is a very common bumpy, itchy rash that appears on the skin, mouth, fingernails, or scalp. Though it can go away on its own, it's best to get an accurate diagnosis from a dermatologist if you think you may have the condition.

Besides offering you treatment options, your doctor can advise you on the best skin care routine, including moisturizers, that may help to relieve the itch.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

Why Is My Skin Itchy?
Why Is My Skin Itchy?
In the 1955 Billy Wilder film, The Seven Year Itch, The Girl (Marilyn Monroe) and her neighbor Richard Sherman (Tom Ewell) take a stroll in NYC. As sh...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with impetigo?
If you are caring for someone with impetigo, his or her doctor may tell you to take steps to hel...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?