How can a bath help my itchy skin?

A warm (not hot) bath can be helpful in relieving itchy skin, especially if you add uncooked oatmeal, colloidal oatmeal or baking soda to the water. These substances are known to have a soothing effect on itchy skin.

Continue Learning about Skin Disorders

The Potential Health Risks of Atopic Dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis, also referred to as AD, is a chronic condition known for causing dry, irritated, itchy patches on the skin. It affects between 10 a...
How serious is my son's erythema nodosum?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Erythema nodosum is a lumpy, tender rash due to inflammation of the tissues just beneath the skin. I...
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
All-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin ConditionsAll-Access Guide to Five Common Skin Conditions
Get to the root of common skin disorders, including triggers, treatment and more. 
How Are Skin Tags Removed?
How Are Skin Tags Removed?