What is instant hand sanitizer?

Susan Evans
Dermatology
In simple terms, instant hand sanitizer is alcohol and it is meant to kill germs when soap and water are inaccessible. Provided your hand sanitizer has a concentration of at least 60% ethanol, ethyl alcohol, or isopropanol, it will do a great job of keeping microorganisms at bay and increasing your chance of avoiding bacteria.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Is there an alternative to harsh acids or scrubs for my body?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Scrubbing can aggravate rosacea or a painfully dry complexion. And because acids work by temporarily...
Should I change my cleanser depending on the season?
Debra Jaliman, MDDebra Jaliman, MD
You should change your facial cleanser with the seasons; in winter you should to use a milder cleans...
What is the health benefit of having a bidet?
Besides Pilates, the best thing you can do for your bottom is to install a bidet. Why? If you accide...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?