Does skin absorb water during bathing?

The outermost layers of skin do tend to absorb water during bathing. However, water also quickly evaporates from the skin after bathing, if it is not sealed in. Using a cleanser that contains lipids, emollients or fatty acids can help prevent this evaporation of moisture.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

If I have normal type skin, how often should I wash my face?
Unless you have oily skin, you should not wash your face more than once a day with a mild cleanser. ...
How can facial cleansers be bad for the environment?
Chemicals found in some facial cleansers, such as phthalates, make their way down the drain once you...
Is taking long, hot baths or showers a good idea in the winter?
When it's cold out, you might be tempted to relax in a hot bath, but this can cause irritated skin h...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?