Does skin absorb water during bathing?

The outermost layers of skin do tend to absorb water during bathing. However, water also quickly evaporates from the skin after bathing, if it is not sealed in. Using a cleanser that contains lipids, emollients or fatty acids can help prevent this evaporation of moisture.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Why is sodium cocoate a good cleanser?
Sodium cocoate is a type of surfactant. Surfactants are good for cleansing because they have special...
How does body wash remove dirt from my skin?
Body washes contain liquid surfactant ingredients that enable water to wash away the oil and dir...
Are all skin cleansers the same?
Skin cleansers are recommended by dermatologists as a way to rid the skin of dirt, oil, bacteria and...
How often should I clean my skin in order to maintain good skin health?
More is not necessarily better when it comes to cleansing and skin health. Once or twice a day is en...