How can facial cleansers be bad for the environment?

Chemicals found in some facial cleansers, such as phthalates, make their way down the drain once you wash them off - and then they travel through sewage systems and drain fields and back into the environment. Some of these chemicals are harmful to humans and even carcinogenic in some cases.

Continue Learning about Skin Cleansing

Can using a towel damage my skin?
Using a towel in a rubbing motion can dry out skin by scrubbing away the protective outer layer of d...
How often should I wash my face?
In general, you can wash your face up to two times a day, but the actual number depends on your skin...
How can I clean my face without making it dry?
Take warm, not hot, showers and use a gentle soap or cleanser (my faves: Dove, Purpose, Cetaphil). Y...
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?
What Are the Health Benefits of Baths?